Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

corollary - następstwo [something that results from something else]
/ˈkɔːr.ə.ler.i/
Unfortunately, violence is the inevitable corollary of such a revolutionary change in society.
-----
to ruminate - rozmyślać [formal; to think carefully and for a long period about something]
/ˈruː.mə.neɪt/
She ruminated for weeks about whether to tell him or not.
-----
exoneration - oczyszczenie, uniewinnienie [formal; the act of showing or stating that someone or something is not guilty of something]
/ɪɡˌzɑː.nəˈreɪ.ʃən/
The investigation ended with his exoneration.
-----
to exacerbate - zaostrzyć [to make something worse, especially a disease or problem]
/ɪɡˈzæs.ɚ.beɪt/
This attack will exacerbate the already tense relations between the two communities.
-----
to displace - wypierać, wysiedlać [to force something out of its usual or original position; to force someone to leave their home]
/dɪˈspleɪs/
The building of a new dam will displace thousands of people who live in this area.
-----
advent - nadejście, pojawienie się [the fact of an event happening, an invention being made, or a person arriving]
/ˈæd.vənt/
Life was transformed by the advent of the steam engine.
-----
pinnacle - szczyt [the most successful or admired part of a system or achievement]
/ˈpɪn.ə.kəl/
By the age of 32 she had reached the pinnacle of her career.
-----
vigil - czuwanie [an act of staying awake, especially at night, in order to be with a person who is very ill or dying, or to make a protest, or to pray]
/ˈvɪdʒ.əl/
His parents kept vigil beside his bed for weeks before he died.
-----
famished - zagłodzony [informal; extremely hungry]
/ˈfæm.ɪʃt/
Have some dinner with us - you must be famished!
-----
to ferret - myszkować [informal; to search for something by moving things around with your hands, especially in a drawer, bag, or other closed space]
/ˈfer.ɪt/
I was just ferreting around in my drawer for my passport.
-----
abruptly - nagle, szorstko [in a sudden, unexpected, and sometimes unpleasant way]
/əˈbrʌpt.li/
The talks ended abruptly when one of the delegations walked out in protest.
-----
reckoning - rachunek, rachuba [the act of calculating something, especially in a way that is not very exact]
/ˈrek.ən.ɪŋ/
By my reckoning you still owe me $10.
-----
resourceful - zaradny [skilled at solving problems and making decisions on your own]
/rɪˈsɔːr.sfəl/
She's a very resourceful manager.
-----
insolent - bezczelny
/ˈɪn.səl.ənt/
Students were often inattentive, sometimes even insolent, and showed relatively little interest in their work.
-----
eligible - uprawniony do [having the necessary qualities or satisfying the necessary conditions]
/ˈel.ə.dʒə.bəl/
Are you eligible for early retirement leave?
#####
bonus - idiom
bite off more than you can chew
If you bite off more than you can chew, you try to do something that is too difficult for you, or more than you can manage.
As soon as I started to translate the report, I realized that I had bitten off more than I could chew.

Talia fiszek anki plik

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.

#angielski #jezykiobce #naukajezykow #angielskizwykopem #gruparatowaniapoziomu
GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

corollary - następstwo [something that resu...

źródło: comment_16042068667Z9O1iGkTOs1XUHREmwZVQ.jpg

Pobierz