Wpis z mikrobloga

Umar książe Filip. Jego życie szczególnie mnie nie obchodziło, ale na reddicie i w prasie są zestawienia jego wypowiedzi na różne tematy:

0. To his wife, the Queen, after her coronation. "Where did you get the hat?"

1. He was sailing off the Isle of Wight one year during Cowes Week when the skipper of another boat hailed him as 'Stavros' and asked him to move out of the way. 'It's not Stavros,' retorted Philip, 'and it's my wife's fucking water, so I'll do what I fucking well please.'

2. "British women can't cook," he told the Scottish Womens' Institute in 1961

3. "Well, you'll never fly in it, you're too fat to be an astronaut." - to a 13-year-old whilst visiting a space shuttle.

4. "It looks like the kind of thing my daughter would bring back from her school art lessons," he muttered while being shown Ethiopian art in 1965.

5. "I would like to go to Russia very much, although the bastards murdered half my family," at a very heated period of history in 1967.

6. "Where's the Southern Comfort?" when he was given a gift basket by the US embassy.

7. "We don’t come here for our health. We can think of other ways of enjoying ourselves," he told journalists in Canada in 1976.

8. "You are a woman, aren't you?" he said to a Kenyan woman, who was presenting him with a small gift in 1984.

9. On Princess Anne: "If it doesn't fart or eat hay, she isn't interested."

10. "We go into the red next year... I shall have to give up polo."

11. "If it has four legs and it is not a chair, if it has two wings and flies but is not an aeroplane, and if it swims and it is not a submarine, the Cantonese will eat it." Again with the Chinese insults, when he addressed a World Wildlife Fund meeting in 1986.

12. "I don't think a prostitute is more moral than a wife, but they are doing the same thing," when dismissing claims those who slaughter for meat have greater moral authority than those who partake in blood sports in 1988.

13. "Oh no, I might catch some ghastly disease," when asked if he wanted to pet a koala in Australia back in 1992.

14. "You can't have been here that long — you haven't got a pot belly," he told a British tourist during a visit to Budapest in 1993.

15. "Aren't most of you descended from pirates?," he enquired to an islander while in the Cayman Islands in 1994

16. To Elton John on his gold Aston Martin: "Oh, it's you that owns that ghastly car, is it?"

#angielski #heheszki #wielkabrytania #humor #gimbohumor #anglia