Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

thistle - oset [a wild plant with sharp points on the leaves and, typically, purple flowers]
/ˈθɪs.əl/
The thistle is the national emblem of Scotland.
-----
to regurgitate - zwracać pokarm (też: powtarzać coś bez zrozumienia) [to bring back swallowed food into the mouth]
/rɪˈɡɝː.dʒə.teɪt/
Owls regurgitate partly digested food to feed their young.
-----
helix - spirala, helisa
/ˈhiː.lɪks/
DNA molecules have two distinct strands which are held together by weak hydrogen bonds to form a double helix.
-----
solution - roztwór [a liquid into which a solid has been mixed and has dissolved]
/səˈluː.ʃən/
By dissolving it in concentrated sulphuric acid and warming the solution, the anhydrous salt is obtained.
-----
unseemly - nieprzyzwoite [(of behavior, etc.) not polite or suitable for a particular situation]
/ʌnˈsiːm.li/
Every face bore almost the same smile, expressing unseemly thoughts about the women.
-----
refuge - schronienie [(a place that gives) protection or shelter from danger, trouble, unhappiness, etc.]
/ˈref.juːdʒ/
He regarded the room as a refuge from the outside world.
-----
coop - klatka dla ptaków (lub kurnik) [a cage for birds such as chickens]
/kuːp/
The courtyard was occupied by stables, a chicken coop and water for washing and drinking.
-----
venture - przedsięwzięcie [a new activity, usually in business, that involves risk or uncertainty]
/ˈven.tʃɚ/
She advised us to look abroad for more lucrative business ventures.
-----
brevity - zwięzłość
/ˈbrev.ə.t̬i/
His essays are models of clarity and brevity.
-----
to adjudicate - orzec, rozstrzygać
/əˈdʒuː.də.keɪt/
He was asked to adjudicate on the dispute.
-----
twilight - zmierzch
/ˈtwaɪ.laɪt/
I could make out a dark figure in the twilight.
-----
to veer - skręcać, zakręcać, zbaczać [to change direction]
/vɪr/
All of a sudden, the car veered off the road.
-----
to bellow - ryczeć [to shout in a loud voice, or (of a cow or large animal) to make a loud, deep sound]
/ˈbel.oʊ/
We could hear the sergeant bellowing orders to his troops.
-----
receptive - otwarty
/rɪˈsep.tɪv/
She was always receptive to new ideas.
-----
anticlimactic - rozczarowujący [causing unhappiness by being less exciting than expected or not as interesting as something that happened earlier]
/ˌæn.t̬i.klaɪˈmæk.tɪk/
I thought the movie had a disappointing and anticlimactic ending.
#####
bonus - idiom
cost an arm and a leg
If something costs an arm and a leg, it is very expensive.
The house cost us an arm and a leg, but we have no regrets.

Co to?

Zachęcam do plusowania, żeby więcej osób zobaczyło.
Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.

#angielski #jezykiobce #naukajezykow #angielskizwykopem #gruparatowaniapoziomu
Pobierz GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

thistle - oset [a wild plant with sharp po...
źródło: comment_1601265700WVCB5BWL0NVwjuMRQcr2yh.jpg
@Szejker-Szejker: wiem, że 15 do nauki przez 1 przeczytanie rano w gorących to trochę dużo :P ale w zestawieniach często pojawiają się określenia medyczne/anatomiczne, nazwy roślin czy inne tego typu specjalistyczne, których część osób nie będzie się w ogóle chciała uczyć. Część słów może być już znana, część nieinteresująca, część zbyt specjalistyczna, a przy dłuższym zestawieniu i tak powinno znaleźć się coś interesującego.

Poza tym identyczne zestawienia wrzucam od kilku tygodni
@m4kb0l: żeby załapać po raz pierwszy część słów wystarczy po prostu powtórzyć na głos, a jak to nie wystarcza, to warto wymyślić sobie jakieś mnemoniki i skojarzenia

żeby zapamiętać dłużej niż jeden dzień polecam używanie systemów spaced repetition - aby to ułatwić raz w tygodniu publikuję talię fiszek do anki

anki to program pomagający w nauce - używa on algorytmu powtórek materiału bazującego na krzywej zapominania, optymalizuje on to w którym