Wpis z mikrobloga

System przekonań i oczekiwań dotyczących płci wydaje się być w wielu miejscach niewydolny, wadliwy i skorodowany. Stereotyp mówiący o tym, że mężczyzna jest twardy jak stal powoduje, że mężczyźni od pokoleń nie mówią prawie nikomu o tym, co czują, jak czują, co ich trapi i z czym sobie nie radzą. Rzadziej niż kobiety chodzą do lekarzy, rzadziej korzystają z terapii, częściej popełniają samobójstwa.

Prawie nie mówią. Bo jeśli już szukają wsparcia emocjonalnego to zwracają się do swoich partnerek lub żon, co z kolei wyczerpuje całe pokolenia kobiet, wykonujących nieodpłatną pracę darmowych psychoterapeutek, dietetyczek, doradczyń zawodowych, stylistek, sekretarek, mediatorek, cheerleaderek emocjonalnych, a na starość - wielofunkcyjnych opiekunek.

Men Have No Friends and Women Bear the Burden

Women continue to bear the burden of men’s emotional lives, and why wouldn’t they? For generations, men have been taught to reject traits like gentleness and sensitivity, leaving them without the tools to deal with internalized anger and frustration. Meanwhile, the female savior trope continues to be romanticized on the silver screen (thanks Disney!), making it seem totally normal—even ideal—to find the man within the beast.

“Men have never been taught how to identify what their emotional needs are, their thoughts and feelings, or to express how someone can help them fulfill these,” explains Dr. Angela Beard, a clinical psychologist at the Veterans Affairs in Dallas, Texas. Forced to question long-held masculine ideals, therapy can be a meaningful and transformative process, even for her most reluctant patients. “No one has ever asked them what masculinity means to them, and they’ve never asked themselves,” says Beard. “They can get a lot of insight from this process.”

Shepherd describes it as “pretty powerful” to sit in a group of men as one or more of them breaks down crying. “It’s healthy not only for the men being so vulnerable, but for the ones sitting there bearing witness to it—holding this safe space for him to cry in,” he explains. “As a man, you’re not taught to listen, just get busy trying to fix things; you can’t cry, only get mad. This group changed that. They’re starting to see that embracing these things we’ve rejected out of fear of being called ‘gay’ or ‘a pussy’ are actually huge acts of courage.”

Similarly, now that Shepherd, the outdoor adventure leader, no longer needs a partner to feel emotionally connected and understood, he says he can go into his next relationship without being emotionally needy—or selfish. “It’s really not healthy to have all your chips in one container with anyone.”

#publicystyka #psychologia #socjologia #feminizm #przegryw #zwiazki #neuropa #4konserwy
Pobierz TerapeutyczneMruczenie - > System przekonań i oczekiwań dotyczących płci wydaje się b...
źródło: comment_6AnMp1OGXKniVMe2Z1DMrNVjZhQ9gjLJ.jpg