Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

minutely - drobiazgowo [very carefully, or looking at every small detail]
/maɪˈnuːt.li/
The metal is then minutely examined to ensure there are no cracks.
-----
to belie - zadać kłam [to show something to be false, or to hide something such as an emotion]
/bɪˈlaɪ/
Her calm face belied the terror she was feeling.
-----
apprehensive - lękliwy [feeling worried about something that you are going to do or that is going to happen]
/ˌæp.rəˈhen.sɪv/
I've invited a lot of people to the party, but I'm a little apprehensive that no one will come.
-----
to appease - załagodzić, uspokoić [to prevent further disagreement in arguments or war by giving to the opposing side an advantage that they have demanded]
/əˈpiːz/
She claimed that the government had only changed the law in order to appease their critics.
-----
dreary - ponury, smętny [disapproving; boring and making you feel unhappy]
/ˈdrɪr.i/
She had spent another dreary day in the office.
-----
to stun - wstrząsnąć, wprawiać w osłupienie [to shock or surprise someone very much]
/stʌn/
News of the disaster stunned people throughout the world.
-----
to meddle - wtrącać się, wścibiać nos [to try to change or have an influence on things that are not your responsibility, especially by criticizing in a damaging or annoying way]
/ˈmed.əl/
My sister's always meddling in other people's affairs.
-----
hardship - trudność [(something that causes) difficult or unpleasant conditions of life, or an example of this]
/ˈhɑːrd.ʃɪp/
People suffered many hardships during that long winter.
-----
imminent - nieuchronny, bliski [coming or likely to happen very soon]
/ˈɪm.ə.nənt/
For a man in imminent danger of losing his job, he appeared quite unruffled.
-----
commotion - zamieszanie [a sudden, short period of noise, confusion, or excited movement]
/kəˈmoʊ.ʃən/
He looked up to see what all the commotion was about.
#####
bonus - idiom
corner the market
If a company dominates an area of business, and leaves no room for competition, it is said to have cornered the market.
By importing large quantities and selling at low prices, they have cornered the market.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
Pobierz
źródło: comment_1619841666Hx8rC2tXFcg05OLnuzKHjb.jpg