Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

to congeal - krzepnąć, zastygać [to change from a liquid or soft state to a thick or solid state]
/kənˈdʒiːl/
The blood had congealed in thick black clots.
-----
to stupefy - ogłupiać, otępiać [to make someone unable to think clearly, usually because they are extremely tired or have taken drugs]
/ˈstuː.pə.faɪ/
He was stupefied by the amount they had spent.
-----
stalwart - lojalny, oddany [loyal, especially for a long time; able to be trusted]
/ˈstɑːl.wɚt/
She has been a stalwart supporter of the party for many years.
-----
boisterous - szumny, hałaśliwy, gwałtowny [(of people, animals, or behavior) noisy and full of life and energy]
/ˈbɔɪ.stɚ.əs/
The children and the dogs raced out of the house to give me a boisterous welcome.
-----
to diffuse - szerzyć, dyfundować [to (cause something to) spread in many directions]
/dɪˈfjuːz/
Television is a powerful means of diffusing knowledge. Oxygen diffuses from the lungs into the bloodstream.
-----
primordial - pierwotny [formal; existing at or since the beginning of the world or the universe]
/praɪˈmɔːr.di.əl/
The planet Jupiter contains large amounts of the primordial gas and dust out of which the solar system was formed.
-----
lackey - lokaj [disapproving; a servant or someone who behaves like one by obeying someone else's orders or by doing unpleasant work for them]
/ˈlæk.i/
He treats us all like his lackeys.
-----
roster - grafik, harmonogram [a list of people's names, often with the jobs they have been given to do]
/ˈrɑː.stɚ/
If you look on the duty roster, you'll see when you're working.
-----
hind - tylne [at the back of an animal’s body]
/hɑɪnd/
Phil’s dog stands on her hind legs to greet me.
-----
temple - skroń [the area on each side of your head in front of the top of your ear]
/ˈtem·pəl/
The vein at his temple throbbed angrily.
#####
bonus - idiom
come clean
To come clean about something means to tell the truth.
The boy was encouraged to come clean and tell the authorities what happened.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

to cong...

źródło: comment_16182000651nLg54rip8vVJLkfS0o3Ix.jpg

Pobierz