Wpis z mikrobloga

Serialowy #wiedzmin dostaje notę 2/5 w Financial Times. Czyli nie tylko "polaczki" krytykują netfliksowe dzieło. Pełna recenzja po angielsku:

Why Netflix’s The Witcher fails to steal the Game of Thrones crown

The new fantasy series has the violence and unpronounceable names but not the swagger. Considering he goes around killing monsters on request, the improbably chiselled and gruff Geralt of Rivia (Henry Cavill) gets no thanks. Some of the ladies give this black-leather-clad hunk with the long silver hair the glad eye, but the more usual greeting is a curt “We don’t want your kind around here!” Even after he’s rid the village of a giant, pond-lurking spider. With its medieval stylings, sprawling narrative and liberal dusting of magic, Netflix’s The Witcher is presumably intended to fill the Game of Thrones-sized hole in viewers’ lives. Not forgetting the daft names. Fringilla. Stregobor. Jaskier.

It’s certainly violent enough. Why stab someone in the back or punch them in the face once, when you could do it a dozen times? Street fights, where ne’er-do-wells obligingly assail our hero one by one, throb to the whop-whop and ktsss of blade slicing flesh. There’s also the sudden-death protocol. Any character who shows the slightest spark one minute is liable to get snuffed out the next. The Witcher himself has a basic ethical code: don’t hit women. Unless you really have to, that is.

The plot gestures to the labyrinthine complexity of GoT with its triple narrative — fugitive princess, apprentice sorceress and our travelling beast-slayer. After a battle scene that is less about strategy and deployment than a thousand separate incidents of hand-to-hand combat, Ciri (Freya Allan) escapes the conflagration of her city with a loyal bodyguard. You feel for poor Anya Chalotra as misshapen Yennefer, having to go around with one shoulder hoisted up, a head permanently tilted and a wodge of cotton wool in her mouth. She will be beautiful one day, and it can’t come soon enough.

“Magic is organising chaos,” says her inscrutable instructress, which is no help at all when you’re told to move rocks with your mind. Sets and costumes (apart from Geralt’s) have a perfunctory air. The grubby-looking elves have sad little pointed ears and an aggrieved manner that suggests they can’t wait to get off the set. The horned, goat-eyed “Sylvan” is such a prosthetic fail it’s almost cute.

What on earth is going on? Jodhi May as the Queen delivers an indecipherable crib on current events before heading off to battle. Reticent Geralt attracts a tiresomely chatty follower, a lute-toting bard (Joey Batey). “There I go again, just delivering exposition,” he blabs, scratching desperately at the fourth wall. Characters in GoT were very sure of themselves. This lot look confused, and Cavill is like a rock in a stream, letting it all flow past him.

#netlfix
@Cybher1: While the official review embargo for The Witcher‘s debut season is active until its day of release, critics have been allowed to share some insights on social media. -Ja bym jednak aż tak nie przejmował się tą recenzją, zrobioną przez kogoś kto nawet nie wie że jest embargo i nie wolno publikować recenzji do przedpremiery. Można jedynie dawać jakieś skrawki, a nie pełnoprawną ocenę.
@Cybher1: Przeczytałem tę "recenzje" i mimo, że "hype" mi się udzialił to biorę też pod uwagę, że serial może okazać się padaką. Problem w tym, że osoba która to pisała w wielu miejscach czepia się właściwie materiału źródłowego (sic!). Np. tego, że ludzie nienawidzą wiedźminów mimo, że ci im pomagają polują na potwory, agresywnych i brudnych elfów (no niemożliwe!), albo tego, że ego-centrycznie zapatrzony w siebie Jaskier gada do siebie i
via Wykop Mobilny (Android)
@Cybher1: haha xD przecież ta recenzja nie robi nic prócz porównywania serialu do gry o tron i wysmiewania imion oraz fabuły, która dotyczy jedynie części wydarzeń z sagi xD nie nazwałbym tego recenzja, to po prostu zbiór inwektyw
@snow: z tym nienawidzeniem wiedzminow to wyglada troche na to ze tworcom serialu nie udalo sie wytlumaczyc skad ta niechec do wiedzmina sie bierze, co jakby sie zastanowic nie jest takie latwe, szczegolnie ze musisz to zgrabnie wytłumaczyć i przedstawic osobie ktora nie czytala ksiazki.
@Kamelot: @snow: Będzie to tym ciężej zrozumieć, biorąc pod uwagę fakt, że książkowy wiedźmin nie był taki gładki i miał mocniejsze cechy mutanta (faktycznie kocie oczy, a nie tylko inny kolor tęczówek, włosy mlecznobiałe, a nie szare). Nietrudno zrozumieć, że ludzie mogli mieć awersję do wiedźmina a'la postać z W1, dużo trudniej zrozumieć niechęć do Geralta w postaci Cavilla. Przy całej sympatii do jego osoby i niewątpliwych zaletach w postaci
@Jan_K Prawda, powinni go ubrzydzić jak tylko się da. Z drugiej strony, w naszej wspaniałej produkcji ;) był Żebrowski i też ciężko by budził odrazę.