Wpis z mikrobloga

Korwin po 20 latach się powoli przebija do mainstreamu.

https://www.richardhanania.com/p/are-men-smarter-than-women

I think, in total, the evidence points to the following conclusions:

In adulthood, men score about 2-4 IQ points higher than women. Selection bias might account for around 1-point of that.

This gap may be said to not reflect underlying intelligence differences, but something specific about the tests. Yet that conclusion is based on complex methods that depend on assumptions made by the researcher and have questionable real world application. I’m not an expert in these methods, but I’m skeptical of them.

All of this is despite the exclusion of spatial ability from IQ tests, where the male advantage is particularly large. There are some female favored traits excluded from IQ tests, but as far as I can tell none are as g loaded and therefore theoretically as likely to influence true g, to the extent we are comfortable thinking about the concept in this way.

The debate about true g might matter to psychometricians, but there seems to be no reason it should to normal people using the common sense definition of “intelligence.” Men are better at problem solving and know more things, so can be said to be more intelligent in the collective understanding of the term even if women are just as smart in some sense that doesn’t predict performance in the real world.

#iq #inteligencja #korwin #psychologia
tyrytyty - Korwin po 20 latach się powoli przebija do mainstreamu.

https://www.richa...

źródło: twitter

Pobierz
  • Odpowiedz
@tyrytyty: no fajnie tylko nawet jeżeli to prawda, to te 2-4 punkty różnicy przy stdev 15 o niczym nie świadczą
na ekstremach może być widoczna różnica
co widziałeś w klasie w podstawówce - czy było tak że w 30-osobowej klasie było 15 chłopaków najmądrzejszych a na końcu 15 głupich dziewczynek? czy raczej to było przeplatane?
  • Odpowiedz
@heniek_8:

te 2-4 punkty różnicy przy stdev 15 o niczym nie świadczą

Gdyby nie świadczyły, to by nie było takiego parcia by to cenzurować. 2-4 punkty to różnica jak między nami a Niemcami.

na ekstremach może być widoczna różnica

no i jest, 4-5krotna nadreprezentacja mężczyzn w grupie 130+ IQ jest wynikiem biologii. Dopóki dominującą ideologią jest antynaukowe tabula rasa, należy popularyzować fakty.

co widziałeś w klasie w podstawówce - czy było
  • Odpowiedz