Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

to hobble - kuśtykać [to walk in an awkward way, usually because the feet or legs are injured]
/ˈhɑː.bəl/
Some of the runners could only manage to hobble over the finishing line.
-----
humdrum - monotonny, nudny [having no excitement, interest, or new and different events]
/ˈhʌm.drʌm/
Most of the work is fairly humdrum.
-----
ornery - wredny, kłótliwy [informal; likely to get angry and argue with people]
/ˈɔːr.nɚ.i/
He had been in an ornery mood all day, arguing with everyone who got in his way.
-----
to jiggle - potrząsać, szarpać [informal; to move from side to side or up and down with quick short movements, or to make something do this]
/ˈdʒɪɡ.əl/
If the door won't open, try jiggling the key in the lock.
-----
sheen - połysk [approving; a smooth shine or brightness]
/ʃiːn/
The conditioner gives hair a beautiful soft sheen.
-----
thong - stringi [a pair of women's panties or men's underpants, or the bottom part of a bikini, that has only a very narrow strip of cloth, like a string, at the back]
/θɑːŋ/
I had on a hot pink halter top with a pink strapless bra and my really short black skirt with a pink thong.
-----
wraith - widmo [literary; a spirit of a dead person, sometimes represented as a pale, transparent image of that person; something that is pale or weak and without a clear shape]
/reɪθ/
He watched the misty wraiths of moisture making patterns on the window pane.
-----
fright - strach, przerażenie [the feeling of fear, especially if felt suddenly, or an experience of fear that happens suddenly]
/fraɪt/
You gave her such a fright turning the lights out like that.
-----
rabbi - rabin [a religious leader and teacher in the Jewish religion]
/ˈræb.aɪ/
His early education was cared for by his father and by the local rabbi, David Frankel.
-----
attic - poddasze [the space or room at the top of a building, under the roof, often used for storing things]
/ˈæt̬.ɪk/
I've got boxes of old clothes in the attic.
#####
bonus - idiom
cook the books
A person who cooks the books is one who changes the facts or figures in the financial accounts, often in order to steal money.
The actor discovered after a while that his agent was cooking the books.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

to hobb...

źródło: comment_1619323265hbnH0PDyXn58e8eS0w5Nhb.jpg

Pobierz