Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

supercilious - wyniosły, lekceważący [disapproving; behaving as if you are better than other people, and that their opinions, beliefs, or ideas are not important]
/ˌsuː.pɚˈsɪl.i.əs/
He spoke in a haughty, supercilious voice.
-----
convalescence - rekonwalescencja [the period of time when you rest and get better after a serious illness]
/ˌkɑːn.vəˈles.əns/
You need four to six weeks' convalescence.
-----
infraction - naruszenie, pogwałcenie prawa [formal; an occasion when someone breaks a rule or law]
/ɪnˈfræk.ʃən/
Any attempt to influence the judges will be seen as an infraction of the rules.
-----
to exhume - ekshumować [formal; to remove a dead body from the ground after it has been buried]
/eɡˈzuːm/
The body was exhumed on the order of the judge.
-----
heinous - haniebny [formal; (esp. of a crime) extremely bad or evil]
/ˈheɪ.nəs/
In the enlightened 18th century popular fanaticism made of sacrilege the most heinous offence.
-----
sham - lipa, fałszywka, oszust [something that is not what it seems to be and is intended to deceive people, or someone who pretends to be something they are not]
/ʃæm/
It turned out that he wasn't a real doctor at all - he was just a sham.
-----
platter - półmisek, taca [a large plate used for serving food or a meal with one type of food served on a large plate]
/ˈplæt̬.ɚ/
I cut the apples into pieces and put them on a platter.
-----
errand - sprawa do załatwienia [a short journey either to take a message or to take or collect something]
/ˈer.ənd/
I'll meet you at six, I've got some errands to run first.
-----
midst - środek [formal; the middle of a group of people or things]
/mɪtst/
Such beauty was unexpected in the midst of the city.
-----
rick - stóg, sterta [a large pile of straw or hay that has been built in a regular shape]
/rɪk/
In summer months the siren can be heard almost daily as hay barns and hay ricks catch fire.
#####
bonus - idiom
come what may
If you declare that you will do something come what may, you are saying that you will do it whatever the consequences may be.
Come what may, I'm going to tell my mother-in-law what I think of her attitude.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
Pobierz GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

superci...
źródło: comment_1619150465ZoQET7RUYwwd9McmAqTKwp.jpg