Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

estuary - ujście rzeki [the wide part of a river at the place where it joins the sea]
/ˈes.tu.er.i/
The Gabun, in reality an estuary of the sea, lies immediately north of the equator.
-----
volition - wola [the power to choose something freely or to make your own decisions]
/vəˈlɪʃ.ən/
They left entirely of their own volition.
-----
effeminate - zniewieściały [(of a man or a boy) looking, behaving, or sounding like a woman or a girl]
/əˈfem.ə.nət/
He's got a very effeminate voice.
-----
inanimate - nieożywiony [having none of the characteristics of life that an animal or plant has]
/ɪˈnæn.ə.mət/
He looks at me as if I'm an inanimate object.
-----
to pamper - rozpieszczać, dogadzać [to give someone special treatment, making that person as comfortable as possible and giving them whatever they want]
/ˈpæm.pɚ/
She pampers her dog with the finest steak and salmon.
-----
hilt - rękojeść [the handle of a sharp-pointed weapon such as a sword]
/hɪlt/
One of his hands rested on the hilt of his sword.
-----
banter - przekomarzanie, droczenie się [friendly remarks and jokes]
/ˈbæn.t̬ɚ/
He enjoyed exchanging banter with the customers.
-----
stuttering - jąkanie [the act of saying something, especially the first part of a word, with difficulty, for example pausing or repeating a sound several times]
/ˈstʌt̬.ɚ.ɪŋ/
During the 1970s and 1980s, rival theories about what causes stuttering came into vogue.
-----
to tug - targać, szarpać [to pull something hard, often several times]
/tʌɡ/
She tugged at his sleeve to get his attention.
-----
to dog - uprzykrzać życie [(of a problem or bad luck) to cause you trouble for a long time]
/dɑːɡ/
He had been dogged by bad health all his life.
#####
bonus - idiom
catch red-handed
If a person is caught red-handed, they are caught while they are doing something wrong or illegal.
The police arrived as the burglar was leaving the house. He was caught red-handed.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

estuary...

źródło: comment_1614402065QksMMjvqvPD5pBGYESbIHr.jpg

Pobierz