Wpis z mikrobloga

Zbiór ciekawostek o Van Gaalu z reddita:

(1) His win ratio is a staggering 62 per cent through the course of 22 years in the dugout. It all makes for impressive reading, especially when the respective locations of his triumphs are considered; Ajax, Barcelona, AZ Alkmaar and Bayern Munich.

(2) He is well known for his eccentric behvaiour as well as idiosyncratic tendencies when it comes to man management.Take one tale relayed to the press by Bayern’s Luca Toni where Van Gaal dropped his trousers in front of the squad to demonstrate he had the ‘balls’ to axe any player from the starting line-up.

(3) He physically assaulted a 14 year old Pique whilst manager at Barcelona

"Piqué's grandfather was even a club director, and one day he invited Barcelona's coach Louis van Gaal to lunch. "This," he said, introducing the young Gerard, "is my grandson – a centre-back for Barcelona's youth team." Van Gaal looked at Piqué and, without warning, pushed him over. Towering above the 14- year-old, he barked: "You're too weak to be a Barcelona defender.""

(4) He has had a long running feud with Johan Cruyff since 1989

"Van Gaal, along with the Koeman brothers, had taken up an invitation to have dinner at the Cruyff family home. "The phone rang, it was for me," recounted Van Gaal in his 2009 autobiography. "It was my family, ringing to tell me my sister had died. I rushed out immediately. Later I heard that Johann was angry I didn't thank him for the meal.""

(5) Although the 1995 Champions League final against Milan was all about Patrick Kluivert's late winner for Ajax, Van Gaal got his fair share of attention as well for one particular incident during the game. When the referee refused to award the Dutch side a free kick when Marcel Desailly nearly decapitated Jari Litmanen, Van Gaal was apoplectic and imitated Desailly's action with an impressive karate kick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-s6tO01hVE

(6) During his time at Barça, Louis Van Gaal once uttered his dream of one day seeing Barça play a game with eleven players from La Masia. It was a nice thought, but most people just laughed at the idea as it was seen to be impossible in modern football. But 10 years later on November 24th 2012 against Levante, Van Gaal’s dream became reality.

Van Gaal with a young Jordi Alba

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/van-gaal-to-alba-what-position-to-do-you-play

(7) Some vintage quotes by Van Gaal

"I have achieved more with Ajax in six years than Barcelona has in one hundred years." - In 1997 after becoming coach of Barcelona

"Louis van Gaal has nothing more to learn" - Said about himself in 2001

"Guardiola follows the Van Gaal Philosophy. So I’m not surprised Bayern have hired Guardiola. Bayern always hire the best managers" - Van Gaal 2013

"If you want to, go ahead." - After a reporter asked Van Gaal whether he wanted to congratulate his former friend Ronald Koeman with winning the Eredivisie with PSV

(8) Some vintage quotes about Van Gaal

"Van Gaal really has Alzheimer's if he writes stuff like that. You wonder whether he has one or two screws loose." - Johan Cruyff

"Van Gaal is the Hitler of the Brazilian players, is arrogant, proud and has a problem. He has no idea of football. His type is sick, he's crazy." - Giovanni

"His management style reminds me of that of Felix Magath,"

-Karl-Heinz Rummenigge ( This is not a compliment)

(9) Journalists don't know jack. This has always been Van Gaal's default position on handling the media. Throughout the course of his career Van Gaal has done nothing to disguise his feelings of sheer contempt towards journalists, certain questions were dismissed as "parrot music," numerous TV journalists who encountered him had trouble keeping it together in the face of a manager who treated every query as a personal insult.

A typical Van Gaal press conference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X61qV7M7UAA&playnext=1&list=PLD2A099A8FE359BFE

(10) He bears an uncanny resemblance to Butthead

http://img01.lachschon.de/images/89955_van_gaal.jpg

#vangaal #pilkanozna #united #unitedsaga
(3) He physically assaulted a 14 year old Pique whilst manager at Barcelona

"Piqué's grandfather was even a club director, and one day he invited Barcelona's coach Louis van Gaal to lunch. "This," he said, introducing the young Gerard, "is my grandson – a centre-back for Barcelona's youth team." Van Gaal looked at Piqué and, without warning, pushed him over. Towering above the 14- year-old, he barked: "You're too weak to be
@Pustulka: To idol Mourinho, skoro nie mogę mieć Jose na Old Trafford to będę szczęśliwy z LvG. Chociaż może być różnie, jeśli będzie miał taki początek jak w Bayernie to przecież będzie tak samo jak z Moyesem.

@Kamill:

Najbardziej niezadowolony z Van Gaala będzie Rooney, jego jakikolwiek wpływ na zespół, fochy i groźby nie będą mieć przy Holendrze miejsca. Z drugiej strony Van Persie będzie miał niepodważalną pozycję w klubie i pewne miejsce w 11. Możesz też się spodziewać pojawienia się koloni holenderskich zawodników.

Podobno PSG chce się pozbyć Blanca? IMO też byłby dobrym wyborem.

Wenger zostaje na Ashburton Grove, więc zmiany trenera PSG nie będzie.