Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

idiosyncrasy - osobliwość, dziwactwo [a strange or unusual habit, way of behaving, or feature that someone or something has]
/ˌɪd.i.əˈsɪŋ.krə.si/
She often cracks her knuckles when she's speaking - it's one of her little idiosyncrasies.
-----
to swelter - zlewać się potem [(of a person) to feel very hot; to be very hot in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable]
/ˈswel.tɚ/
The soldiers were sweltering in their uniforms.
-----
condiment - przyprawa [formal; a substance, such as salt, that you add to food to improve its taste]
/ˈkɑːn.də.mənt/
Cinnamon is #!$%@? employed in cookery as a condiment and flavoring material, being largely used in the preparation of some kinds of chocolate and liqueurs.
-----
transitory - przejściowy [formal; lasting for only a short time]
/ˈtræn.sə.tɔːr.i/
A growing proportion of the population are in a transitory stage between paid employment and old age.
-----
affluent - zamożny [having a lot of money or owning a lot of things]
/ˈæf.lu.ənt/
We live in an affluent neighborhood.
-----
rambling - bezładny, nieregularny [(of a speech or piece of writing) very long and confused; (of a building) spreading in various directions with no particular pattern]
/ˈræm.blɪŋ/
They live in a rambling old house in the country.
-----
puny - wątły, marny [small; weak; not effective]
/ˈpjuː.ni/
My car only has a puny little engine.
-----
volatile - niestabilny, nieprzewidywalny [likely to change suddenly and unexpectedly, especially by getting worse]
/ˈvɑː.lə.t̬əl/
Food and fuel prices are very volatile in a war situation.
-----
blazing - gorący [very bright and hot; powerful and impressive]
/ˈbleɪ.zɪŋ/
We quickly grew tired in the blazing sunshine.
-----
splinter - drzazga, odłamek [a small, sharp, broken piece of wood, glass, plastic, or similar material]
/ˈsplɪn.tɚ/
The girl had a splinter of wood in her toe.
#####
bonus - idiom
cool as a cucumber
A person who is as cool as a cucumber is not anxious, but relaxed and non-emotional.
The bride's mother stayed as cool as a cucumber all through the ceremony.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
Pobierz GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

idiosyn...
źródło: comment_1619496066MPk6ZNnOGKcbHQIyQ7B3XU.jpg