Wpis z mikrobloga

Poland’s prime minister came out swinging against a report linking him to a secret taping scandal that brought down the previous government and helped lift his conservative Law & Justice party to power.

“It’s obvious we stepped on someone’s toes,” Mateusz Morawiecki told Polsat News in a televised interview.

After examining 40 volumes of court documents regarding the 2014 publication of tapes of private dinner conversations between politicians and businessmen, website Onet.pl said it found statements by restaurant waiters who secretly taped Morawiecki, at the time the chief executive officer of Bank Santander SA’s Polish unit.

One waiter, identified only as Lukasz N., said he remembers Morawiecki was recorded discussing potential real-estate investments to be made by him and an associate, which would be formally fronted by “other people,” Onet.pl reported on Monday. It cited transcripts of testimony made in court and to prosecutors but said it didn’t have access to recordings.

The leaked tapes hammered the popularity of the government then led by the Civic Platform party and helped drive it from power in 2015. Morawiecki is now the face of Law & Justice ahead of Oct. 21 local elections as it tries to translate a lead in opinion polls to cementing its rule in the country of 38 million.

The ballot pits the government, which has ramped up social spending and nationalist rhetoric and clashed with the European Union over the rule of law, against an opposition that says the ruling party is ruining the nearly three-decade-old democracy by undermining the independence of media and the courts.

Poland’s edition of Newsweek, which together with Onet.pl is controlled by the Swiss-German joint venture Ringier Axel Springer Polska, reported in 2016 that Morawiecki was among the people who were secretly taped but there was no indication of any potentially incriminating comments from him. Not much is known about who initiated the taping operation. An investigation by weekly Polityka last month placed the blame on Russian agents seeking to destabilize the EU’s biggest ex-communist member.

‘Foreign Media’
Speaking in the interview late on Monday, Morawiecki said he didn’t recall “any such issues” as raised by Onet.pl, suggesting the publication’s date was “no accident” ahead of the election. The prime minister stressed the report originated with an outlet that’s “part of foreign media.”

“The tapes scandal returns every now and then, but this is a Civic Platform scandal,” he said. “Sorry, gentlemen, but this is unfortunately your affair.”

Even before Morawiecki’s comments, Law & Justice spokeswoman Beata Mazurek said in a series of tweets that the allegations were a “well-coordinated attack” by the anti-government media and its backers in the opposition, led by the Civic Platform, who “will do anything to return to power.” She didn’t comment on the validity of the “insinuations.”

The ruling party has repeatedly used the scandal as evidence of what it calls its predecessors’ elitist lifestyles, saying they pursued a self-serving approach to power and suffered a disconnect from ordinary Poles. #angielski #bloomberg #polityka #4konserwy #tasmyprawdy -jesli ktos nei widzi że onet lisweek fakt itp działa na szkode kraju to ma tyłek w dupie
@Fugi88888: Te wszystkie newsłiki i axel szpringery to jawna V kolumna Niemiec. Należy zakazać im publikowania tajnych, szkodzących krajowi rzeczy, że Jarosław ma taśmy na naszego Premiera, bo to źle dla kraju. Dobrze było jak Jarosław dał za pośrednictwem Falenty i GRU taśmy bijące w tych szatanistów z PeŁo, teraz źle, źle i jeszcze raz źle!
@Fugi88888: a kogo tam coś pogrążało rzeczywiście? Najcięższe przewinienia to przeklinanie i cynizm, taka to afera. Dużo ciekawsze jest kto to zorganizował i czemu tylko niektore taśmy upubliczniono.
@patool: tak nie kolego jesli polityk mówi walić sciane wschodnią to w dojrzaęłj demokracji to juz leży - jesli ksiac brat polityka PO mówi ze nasz człowiek pójdzie do rady to i my sie z tego stołu najemy - jesli mówi sie o budce spalonej (tam brakuje jednego słowa) -jesli mówi sie ze prasa przeszkadza i zeby pogadac z naczelnym w niemczech no chyba sobie zartujesz - -no reszte trzymaja na
tak nie kolego jesli polityk mówi walić sciane wschodnią to w dojrzaęłj demokracji to juz leży

@Fugi88888: Tyle lat minęło a wy ciągle tę manipulację łykacie. Trzeba było posłuchać całej rozmowy ale skoro zadowalacie się jedynie jednozdaniowymi gówno wrzutkami... Sens tej wypowiedzi był taki, że minister skarbu czyli Karpiński, notabene ze ściany wschodniej opowiadał interlokutorowi przebieg pewnej konferencji na Śląsku, w której brała udział Bieńskowska. Ona optowała za modelem rozwoju gospodarki
@Fugi88888: Tak tak, tak jak i interpretacja słów Sikorskiego o robieniu laski, która krąży po necie, a w rzeczywistości opisywała polityke PiSu po ich dojśćiu do władzy i sprawdziła się w 100% xd
Było na tych taśmach tyle, że PiS nawet mająć prokuraturę i sądy nie ma się do czego dobrać, a że skorzystali na grubym wale śmierdzącym ruskimi służbami to jakoś nikogo nie oburza.