Wpis z mikrobloga

Kill Billa 3 nie będzie

Jeśli mieliście co do tego jakiekolwiek wątpliwości, jeżeli łudziliście się, że trzecia część sagi o Pannie Młodej będzie finalnym (bo dziesiątym) filmem Quentina Tarantino - to porzućcie wszelką nadzieję, którzy wchodzicie. Powód? Relacja między Tarantino a Thurman na tę chwilę jest prawdopodobnie nie do uratowania.

Może wydawać się dziwne - wszak Tarantino zawsze wydawał się mówić o Thurman w samych superlatywach, nazywając ją swoją muzą i nawet zapewniając jej współautorstwo na Kill Billem. Tymczasem rzeczywistość okazała się być zgoła odmienna, a wszelka zażyłość jaką między nimi się kreśliła w mediach podczas promocji filmu była niczym innym jak fasadą, kreacją odgrywaną przez Thurman. Bo nie miała innego wyjścia.

W opublikowanym dzisiaj przez NYTimes wywiadzie - [This Is Why Uma Thurman Is Angry](https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/opinion/sunday/this-is-why-uma-thurman-is-angry.html?partner=rss&emc=rss∣=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur), w szczerej rozmowie Uma zwierza się z bardzo komplikowanej relacji zarówno z Tarantino jak i Weinsteinem, w tym o próbie gwałtu ze strony tego drugiego. Jednak kroplą, która przelała czarę goryczy, było coś zupełnie innego - fakt, że przez lekkomyślność Tarantino, Thurman o mało nie zginęła:

With four days left, after nine months of shooting the sadistic saga, Thurman was asked to do something that made her draw the line.

In the famous scene where she’s driving the blue convertible to kill Bill — the same one she put on Instagram on Thanksgiving — she was asked to do the driving herself.

But she had been led to believe by a teamster, she says, that the car, which had been reconfigured from a stick shift to an automatic, might not be working that well.

She says she insisted that she didn’t feel comfortable operating the car and would prefer a stunt person to do it. Producers say they do not recall her objecting.

“Quentin came in my trailer and didn’t like to hear no, like any director,” she says. “He was furious because I’d cost them a lot of time. But I was scared. He said: ‘I promise you the car is fine. It’s a straight piece of road.’” He persuaded her to do it, and instructed: “‘Hit 40 miles per hour or your hair won’t blow the right way and I’ll make you do it again.’ But that was a deathbox that I was in. The seat wasn’t screwed down properly. It was a sand road and it was not a straight road.” (Tarantino did not respond to requests for comment.)

Thurman then shows me the footage that she says has taken her 15 years to get. “Solving my own Nancy Drew mystery,” she says.

It’s from the point of view of a camera mounted to the back of the Karmann Ghia. It’s frightening to watch Thurman wrestle with the car, as it drifts off the road and smashes into a palm tree, her contorted torso heaving helplessly until crew members appear in the frame to pull her out of the wreckage. Tarantino leans in and Thurman flashes a relieved smile when she realizes that she can briefly stand.

Pokłosiem wypadku była kłótnia z Tarantino, który choć przepraszał, nie traktował całości serio:

Thurman says her mind meld with Tarantino was rattled. “We were in a terrible fight for years,” she explains. “We had to then go through promoting the movies. It was all very thin ice. We had a fateful fight at Soho House in New York in 2004 and we were shouting at each other because he wouldn’t let me see the footage and he told me that was what they had all decided.”

Now, so many years after the accident, inspired by the reckoning on violence against women, reliving her own “dehumanization to the point of death” in Mexico, and furious that there have not been more legal repercussions against Weinstein, Thurman says she handed over the result of her own excavations to the police and ramped up the pressure to cajole the crash footage out of Tarantino.

“Quentin finally atoned by giving it to me after 15 years, right?” she says. “Not that it matters now, with my permanently damaged neck and my screwed-up knees.”

I fragment, który moim zdaniem jest kluczowy, żeby zrozumieć dlaczego Kill Bill 3 nigdy nie powstanie:

“When they turned on me after the accident,” she says, “I went from being a creative contributor and performer to being like a broken tool.”

Thurman says that in “Kill Bill,” Tarantino had done the honors with some of the sadistic flourishes himself, spitting in her face in the scene where Michael Madsen is seen on screen doing it and choking her with a chain in the scene where a teenager named Gogo is on screen doing it.

“Harvey assaulted me but that didn’t kill me,” she says. “What really got me about the crash was that it was a cheap shot. I had been through so many rings of fire by that point.I had really always felt a connection to the greater good in my work with Quentin and most of what I allowed to happen to me and what I #!$%@? in was kind of like a horrible mud wrestle with a very angry brother. But at least I had some say, you know?” She says she didn’t feel disempowered by any of it. Until the crash.

Oczywiście odsyłam was do całości artykułu, aby delikatnie wgryźć się w całe zagadnienie. Oczywiście, ktoś powie - słowo przeciw słowu, z perspektywy Tarantino mogło to wyglądać zupełnie inaczej. Prawda, chociaż nagranie z wypadku nadaje wypowiedzi Thurman rzetelności. Natomiast co do degradacji ze strony Quentina, nikt nie powinien mieć problemu aby w to uwierzyć, bo jego zwyrolskie zapędy są powszechnie znane. W ten sposób, szanse na to że otrzymamy powrót do czasów Kill Billa maleją niemalże jednoznacznie do zera, ale kto wie, może się pogodzą.

Pozostaje liczyć na to, że przynajmniej projekt roboczo zatytułowany "1969" z Leonardo DiCaprio, potencjalnymi Margot Robbie, Alem Pacino, Tomem Cruisem i Bradem Pittem i polskim aktorem w roli Romana Polańskiego niejako otrze łzy.

#dziesiatamuza #film #kino #killbill #tarantino #weinstein
Joz - Kill Billa 3 nie będzie

Jeśli mieliście co do tego jakiekolwiek wątpliwości,...

źródło: comment_i1S9i9Y8wDe72TdusDb7E9L9H214JgI6.jpg

Pobierz