Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

to bewilder - dezorientować, oszołamiać [to confuse someone]
/bɪˈwɪl.dɚ/
The instructions completely bewildered me.
-----
sophistry - sofistyka [formal; the use of intelligent arguments to persuade people that something is true when it is really false]
/ˈsɑː.fɪ.stri/
Convincing myself that I had gained in some way from my loss was just pure sophistry.
-----
penultimate - przedostatni [formal; second from the last]
/pɪˈnʌl.t̬ə.mət/
It's the penultimate episode of the series tonight.
-----
unkempt - zaniedbany, rozczochrany [disapproving; untidy; not cared for]
/ʌnˈkempt/
He needed a shave and his hair was unkempt.
-----
glade - polana [literary; a small area of grass without trees in a forest]
/ɡleɪd/
There were several small woodland glades dominated by various grasses.
-----
volley - salwa, seria [a lot of bullets, stones, etc. that are fired or thrown at the same time; a lot of similar things that are said or produced, or that happen, quickly one after the other]
/ˈvɑː.li/
Police fired a volley over the heads of the crowd. I'm afraid my proposal was met with a volley of criticisms.
-----
to stagger - zataczać się, chwiać się na nogach [to walk or move with difficulty as if you are going to fall]
/ˈstæɡ.ɚ/
After he was attacked, he managed to stagger to the phone and call for help.
-----
scorn - pogarda, lekceważenie [a very strong feeling of no respect for someone or something that you think is stupid or has no value]
/skɔːrn/
She has nothing but scorn for the new generation of politicians.
-----
damnation - potępienie [the act of sending someone to hell or the state of being in hell]
/dæmˈneɪ.ʃən/
He believed that he would be condemned to eternal damnation for what he had done.
-----
to plunge - spadać gwałtownie, zanurzyć [to (cause someone or something to) move or fall suddenly and often a long way forward, down, or into something]
/plʌndʒ/
We ran down to the beach and plunged into the sea.
#####
bonus - idiom
clear the air
If you decide toclear the air, you try to remove the causes of fear, worry or suspicion by talking about the problem openly.
The atmosphere had become so unpleasant that he decided it was time to clear the air.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
Pobierz GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

to bewi...
źródło: comment_1617163265dxT1Z6uBIDwTafidGgwm4W.jpg