Wpis z mikrobloga

Rozpisanie wydatków w 25 letniego chłopaka z Londynu

https://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/05/02/reader-case-study-not-quite-as-easy-in-london/

I am a 25-year-old working in finance in London, earning about £50k p.a. (c. $78k in your money!) This is quite a bit more than the UK average though I suspect not atypical for London.

After tax my take home pay is just over £34k p.a., or £2833 per month.

Living costs in London are ridiculously high – I share a 2-bed flat with a flatmate and we *each* pay £910 per month for the privilege including council tax.

I do live in a nice area of London, and yes I realise that my situation lacks the economy of a larger household of 3-4 people, but the cost of renting probably wouldn’t change materially while keeping me the same distance from work (might save £100-150 per month, which is a lot but I’d be much less happy in a different area).

Other bills:

– water, energy, internet total £75,

– mobile phone at £25/month

– a bus pass at £120/month

– interest on student loans: £25/month

Total Bills: £1155/month

Savings/investments: Each month I invest

– £200 pcm into an ISA in shares/funds (a tax sheltered account)

– £100 pcm into a cash savings ISA

– £270 put aside each month into my SIPP (pension account similar to 401(k).

– #!$%@? portion of student loan repayment on a $19k balance at 1.5%: £125

Total: £620/month

So after all that we get to just over £1k left per month for food plus everything else.

Current balances are:

SIPP (only accessible at 55 years old) £6,500

ISA £1,350

Cash £2,500

Total – just over £10k

So after housing, bills, food, transport and savings I have about £700 left per month. I guess the main difficulty I have is that given I have high fixed costs at the moment (rent being the bulk of it), I struggle to see how I can save as much as you propose throughout your blog.

I can see that transport is an area I could save a lot on. The bicycle is sensible and I enjoy riding it, but I currently have an unresolved health issue and until that becomes clear cycling every day is out. I am toying with the idea of a motorbike but that remains an idea.

So then we get to reducing my monthly spend on food, entertainment etc. from £700. I have started making my own lunches for work, and I rarely buy new clothes or other such items. I don’t drink a huge amount but don’t want to stay inside my whole life either!

The long and short is that it seems drastically more effective/attractive given the high living costs here to a) implement the easy changes you suggest like cutting costs where possible and b) then trying to increase income as it all drops through to savings (once the 50% tax has been taken…)

PS – as an aside UK housing market is pretty horrible too. London prices have just about returned to their peak of 2007 levels, and buying for many people is a silly notion. The average house/flat in London costs £371k which is 2.3x the national average, and something north of 15x the average wage! While it is tempting to buy what with exceptionally low interest rates, the deposit required is enormous, and the fear of an impending crash always looms at these levels.

To make matters worth the government has just announced it will guarantee mortgages for up to 20% of the value, which serves only to inflate prices even further.

#mrmoneymustachequotes #emigracja
@pavlovs_dog: @Phallusimpudicus: 1-bedroom flat, Zone 4 w Londynie (dojazd do centrum pociągiem <40minut). Tutaj liczone jak też zarabiałem 50k, gościu musi płacić jakoś inaczej na składki na emeryturę, bo mi zostaje praktycznie 3000 netto na miesiąc. Na dodatek

Osczędzamy miesiecznie:
- Ja: ~2037 (10k PLN)
- Dziewczyna: ~484 (2.5k PLN)

P.S. G&P (Gaz & Prąd), zapomniałem o telefonie, ale ja płacę tylko 6£ za to.
z.....l - @pavlovs_dog: @Phallusimpudicus: 1-bedroom flat, Zone 4 w Londynie (dojazd ...

źródło: comment_1616412866jg9ghQnRyM8PC8kW7RpXMS.jpg

Pobierz