Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

loquacious - gadatliwy [formal; having the habit of talking a lot]
/loʊˈkweɪ.ʃəs/
He sipped it with relish and soon became somewhat loquacious.
-----
lifer - skazany na dożywocie [informal; someone who has been punished by being put in prison for a very long time or until they die]
/ˈlaɪ.fɚ/
In the 1980s, 726 lifers were paroled.
-----
repentance - skrucha [the fact of showing that you are very sorry for something bad you have done in the past, and wish that you had not done it]
/rɪˈpen.təns/
This was an extremely violent crime, for which the boy showed no repentance.
-----
carcass - padlina [the body of a dead animal, especially a large one that is soon to be cut up as meat or eaten by wild animals]
/ˈkɑːr.kəs/
Vultures flew around in the sky waiting to pick at the rotting carcass of the deer.
-----
to rumble - burczeć, dudnić [to make a continuous low sound]
/ˈrʌm.bəl/
Please excuse my stomach rumbling - I haven't eaten all day.
-----
espionage - szpiegostwo [the discovering of secrets, especially political or military information of another country or the industrial information of a business]
/ˈes.pi.ə.nɑːʒ/
Three people were also accused of engaging in espionage against a rival firm.
-----
to heave - dźwigać [to move something heavy using a lot of effort]
/hiːv/
He heaved the bag onto his shoulder.
-----
barb - zadzior (też: docinek) [the sharp part of a fish hook or arrow that makes it difficult to remove from something caught on it; a remark that is funny but unkind]
/bɑrb/
He got a barb stuck in his foot. I tried to ignore their barbs about my new jacket.
-----
spark - iskra [a very small piece of fire that flies out from something that is burning, or one that is made by rubbing two hard things together, or a flash of light made by electricity]
/spɑːrk/
Sparks were flying out of the bonfire and blowing everywhere.
-----
deserted - opustoszały [(of a place) with no people in it]
/dɪˈzɝː.t̬ɪd/
These resort towns are largely deserted in winter.
#####
bonus - idiom
on cloud nine
A person who is on cloud nine is very happy because something wonderful has happened.
When the boss announced my promotion, I was on cloud nine.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
Pobierz
źródło: comment_1617768065FdEQU7GPqJbTCdwilSmQ38.jpg