Wpis z mikrobloga

Hi, CDP developer here.

the developers have been crunching no-stop since May 2019, where the management was like "oh shit we need to make the game, we must hurry", mind that we were barely out of alpha at that point and even though most developed pointed out that was impossible to do the whole game ALMOST from scratch in one year.

We asked "what's the plan if we can't deliver in the set deadline" and up until December the answer from management was "we have to, there is no plan B", so here you go, first year of crunch there, of course, first a 2 month delay and then another 6 months of delay, and - to give a picture of how low is the level of communication between the management and developers - we found out both times ON TWITTER and other social that the game was being delayed, with a mail from Adam following few hours later.

At the end of the day feels like CDP management is completely detached from the reality of us developers.

szkoda, ze wina spada na developerow, a nie na januszerski zarzad

#cyberpunk2077 #cdprojektred
@cppguy: @stefan8800 Zarzad ma racje. Gra jest popsuta na tyle, ze trzeba byloby pracowac co najmniej kolejny rok. Wymyslac wiele rzeczy na nowo. Gra by sie zestarzala, i ostatecznie efekt niebylby znacznie lepszy. Nie byloby gwarancji, ze wymysla np. lepszy system policji.
Tu nie chodzi o bugi.
@IdillaMZ #!$%@? już na etapie założeń.
Prosty przykład npc-zamiast klepnąć im jedną metodę na ruch zeby mieli podstawową niby AI a potem zaplanować im z grubsza gdzie mają iść to zapowiedzieli ze rozstawią ręcznie 1000 npcow i obkodują niezależnie.
Zabrakło czasu, więc probiono byle jakie pętle i wypuszczono martwe miasto manekinów.
I tak z każdym elementem-wielkie założenia, cięcia a w końcu zrobienie na #!$%@? bo gonią terminy.
Cholernie szkoda zmarnowanego potencjału.