Wpis z mikrobloga

Trafiłem na fajny komentarz na reddicie Bleacha @jaqqu7

You know, this chapter is like Kubo saying, 'You think I can't draw backgrounds, huh? Well, here you go, a ton of detailed backgrounds'. Haha!

I think I can understand Kubo's thought process about backgrounds distracting the readers' attention and diverting vision elsewhere. Bleach was a long-running series, the places as such didn't matter, it's the people that mattered. People's expressions mattered a great deal. If you clutter up panels with unnecessary backgrounds, you do not put enough emphasis on the characters' eyes, their expressions. Kubo puts a lot of effort into drawing unique expressions on the faces of his characters. A regular Bleach character has more expression on his/her face than the other contemporary series'. Seriously, do a couple of trees or birds or buildings really matter when the readers are looking at interactions between characters?

But this is a one-shot, where everything must be wrapped up within a certain number of pages. That's why, in this, Kubo has drawn so many detailed backgrounds because he has to establish the feel of the locations in the story.

Szkoda, że Oda nie ma tego problemu, a robi genialne tła XD

#manga #bleach
  • Odpowiedz
@serekenha: Geez, jakie #!$%@?. Zresztą tła to był tylko wierzchołek góry lodowej. W ostatnich etapach "wegetacji" tej mangi całe kadry były pozbawione życia. Brakowało dynamiki, ciekawych ujęć, flow nie istniało. Backgroundy stanowiły tylko tę część najbardziej oczywistą.

Żeby nie było Kubo jest świetnym rysownikiem... kiedy mu się chce. Natomiast, tego jak wyglądały rozdziały z późnego Arrancar Arc, czy przez xCution oraz całość Thousand Years War. Tego obronić się nie da.
  • Odpowiedz