Wpis z mikrobloga

Tak w temacie ukrywania/ujawniania zarobków.

How can a workplace rally after everyone's salary got leaked?

A friend of mine told me an incredible story. 40 people work at his company and, the other day, someone leaked a spreadsheet that listed everyone's salary. A few hours later, the IT department figured out who leaked the spreadsheet. She confessed. And she was immediately terminated.

But now they're suffering some massive fallout. A day later, a software developer marched into his office and shouted, "Billy! I've worked my ass off for you! I missed my son's championship MMA match to troubleshoot that production crisis, and the next weekend I missed my daughter's cheerleading competition to meet that deadline for you! And yet you're paying Marty more money! He's coasting and he sucks!"

In parallel, a member of the IT staff levied a formal complaint with HR. She felt that her salary had been artificially depressed because of sexual discrimination. And now she has numbers to back up her claims.

As a result, my friend's company may be facing a mass exodus. Software developers are in demand, and many will likely walk if the company doesn't meet their new numbers.

So what can my friend's company do to pick up the pieces and patch its culture which was badly bruised by the salary disclosures?

#it #kariera #praca #zarobki