Wpis z mikrobloga

Nowy trop ciemnej materii kieruje oczy fizyków w stronę nieba.

Zapraszam do kolejnego artykułu spod znaku #fizycznenowinkifakera. Link wraz z tłumaczeniem powyżej.

Tym razem sprawa dotyczy nie tylko ciemnej materii lecz także problemu z fizyki cząstek znanego pod nazwą "silnego problemu CP" tj. problemu zachowania symetrii ładunku i parzystości w oddziaływaniach silnych. O czym więc konkretnie mowa? Aksjonach, hipotetycznych cząstkach kandydujących do miana ciemnej materii i odpowiedzialnych za utrzymywanie się symetrii podczas silnych interakcji. Po więcej informacji zapraszam do artykułu, w którym przedstawiono pokrótce historię aksjonów oraz najnowsze informacje dotyczące stanu eksperymentów poszukujących tych bardzo interesujących cząstek.

Miłego czytania. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Na "deser" dodam jeszcze świetny komentarz z reddita odnośnie aksjonów i dlaczego ich istnienie byłoby wymarzoną możliwością w fizyce cząstek i kosmologii:

In quantum field theory (which we know to work pretty damn well), in principle there are certain processes that are allowed to happen. Those processes are called "Charge-Parity symmetry violating". There's one parameter (called Θ) in our equations that determines how frequent those processes should occur, and this is something we have to measure experimentally and cannot derive theoretically, just like the masses of particles, their charges or how strong certain interactions are.

And we experimentally find that those processes...have never occured once since we started looking for them in the 70's. So, it's pretty plausible that the parameter Θ is zero. We can't know for sure, though, and it could also be super super tiny.

Well, it turns out that if this parameter Θ isn't just a fixed number, but another quantum mechanical field, then it would automatically cause those processes to never occur. Of course, this is a slightly more complex mechanism (replacing a number with a field), but it would work perfectly - and this is basically what we also did with particle masses. Before we treated them as pure numbers, but then Higgs came up with the idea that those might be caused by a field. And every field comes with a particle attached to it, and as you might have heard, we found that Higgs-particle.

So, if there is a field for our parameter Θ, then this also comes with another particle, and this is the axion. The existence of this particle would immediatly solve our original problem of possible processes never occuring, it would also be very, very light and have all the properties we need for a dark matter particle. And us cosmologists need dark matter to explain a lot about the universe - there seems to be a lot more mass in the universe than we can find. And we notice this lack of mass in many, many different scenarios.

The axion could easily solve two of the biggest outstanding problems in physics, the strong CP problem and the dark matter problem. And it comes as natural as the Higgs-mechanism. It's almost too good to be true.

P.S. Cieszmy się też, że nadchodzi już niedługo rok 2022. CERN ogłasza, że przygotowania do kolejnego "biegu" LHC dobiegają końca i po zmodernizowaniu różnych eksperymentów i detektorów poszukiwania, m.in. "nowej fizyki", ruszą z pełną parą (miejmy nadzieje)!

#fizycznenowinkifakera -> nowinki fizyczne i nie tylko - do obserwowania lub czarnolistowania.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#nauka #fizyka #gruparatowaniapoziomu #zainteresowania
Fake_R - Nowy trop ciemnej materii kieruje oczy fizyków w stronę nieba.

Zapraszam ...

źródło: comment_1634811325rctpxBB8OPQdgzR1kKmwzs.jpg

Pobierz