Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

to quaff - pić łapczywie, żłopać [old-fashioned; to drink something quickly or in large amounts]
/kwæf/
They spent the evening quaffing champagne.
-----
gregarious - towarzyski [(of people) liking to be with other people]
/ɡrɪˈɡer.i.əs/
Emma's a gregarious, outgoing sort of person.
-----
blithely - beztrosko [happily and without feeling or showing any worry, especially when there is a reason to be worried]
/ˈblaɪð.li/
She blithely agreed to the contract without realizing what its consequences would be.
-----
acuity - ostrość [formal; the ability to hear, see, or think accurately and clearly]
/əˈkjuː.ə.t̬i/
Tiredness also affects visual acuity.
-----
interminable - niekończący się, wieczny [continuing for too long and therefore boring or annoying]
/ɪnˈtɝː.mɪ.nə.bəl/
The drive seemed interminable.
-----
edifice - gmach [formal; a large building, especially an impressive one]
/ˈed.ə.fɪs/
The town hall is the only edifice surviving from the 15th century.
-----
sleek - elegnacki, gładki, lśniący [(especially of hair, clothes, or shapes) smooth, shiny, and lying close to the body, and therefore looking well cared for; not untidy and with no parts sticking out]
/sliːk/
The cat had sleek fur.
-----
to contend - twierdzić [formal; to say that something is true or is a fact]
/kənˈtend/
The lawyer contended (that) her client had never been near the scene of the crime.
-----
tycoon - potentat [a person who has succeeded in business or industry and has become very rich and powerful]
/taɪˈkuːn/
The tycoon can afford to pay for his entertainment, whether it is taxed income or not.
-----
squawk - skrzek (ptaka) [an unpleasantly loud, sharp noise made by a bird]
/skwɑːk/
The owl flew off with a squawk.
-----
tantrum - napad złości, furia [a sudden period of uncontrolled anger like a young child's]
/ˈtæn.trəm/
Children often have temper tantrums at the age of two or thereabout.
-----
councilor - radny [an elected member of a local government]
/ˈkaʊn.səl.ɚ/
A councilor is a member of some type of governing body, and its definition refers to a public official who is responsible for creating rules and laws within their jurisdiction.
-----
proverb - przysłowie
/ˈprɑː.vɝːb/
The appetite, says the proverb, grows with eating.
-----
to chime - wybijać, dzwonić [(of a bell or a clock) to ring; to show the time by making a ringing sound]
/tʃaɪm/
Eight o'clock had already chimed.
-----
dent - wygięcie [a small hollow mark in the surface of something, caused by pressure or by being hit]
/dent/
She ran into my car and put a dent in it.
#####
bonus - idiom
have a brain like a sieve
Someone who has a brain like a sieve has a very bad memory and forgets things easily.
Oh, I forgot to buy the bread - I've got a brain like a sieve these days!

Talia fiszek anki plik

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
źródło: comment_1607058065te6Ecyr2RfMPrAfZCF03YL.jpg