Wpis z mikrobloga

Question from Sriram Krishnan:

Elon, this is something you joked about, but I'm kind of curious to get your serious answer to this, which is: All things cryptocurrency and Bitcoin. You famously just changed your Twitter bio to just the Bitcoin logo and the word Bitcoin this week. What do you think of cryptocurrency, what do you think of Bitcoin, what do you think of other cryptocurrencies - love to get your take on the entire thing."

Elon's Response:

(Laugh) Well, gotta watch what I say here, because some of these things can really move the markets.

So, first of all I should say that many friends of mine have tried to convince me to get involved in Bitcoin for a long time like, when it first just popped out there.

(unintelligible) he actually had Bitcoin, like a Bitcoin "cake," a cake that had a Bitcoin symbol on it, and he fed me a slice of Bitcoin cake in 2013.

So, clearly I should have bought some Bitcoin 8 years ago. (laugh) Like, what more can people do? Jesus. Talk about being late to the party.

So I was a little slow on the uptake there. My apologies. But I - as I think about it a fair bit, I do at this point think Bitcoin is a good thing, and - so, I am a supporter of Bitcoin. Like I said, I'm late to the party but I'm a supporter of Bitcoin. And I think that Bitcoin is really on the verge of getting broad acceptance by conventional finance people

So... I don't have a strong opinion on other cryptocurrencies. Occasionally I make jokes about Dogecoin, but they are really just meant to be jokes.

Dogecoin was made as a joke, to make fun of cryptocurrencies, obviously. But fate loves irony. And often, as (unintelligible) the most ironic, or most entertaining outcome is often most likely, and - arguably - the most entertaining outcome - the most ironic outcome - would be that Dogecoin becomes the currency of Earth in the future.

(laughter)

#bitcoin