Wpis z mikrobloga

Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

to vitiate - wypaczać, osłabiać [formal; to destroy or damage something]
/ˈvɪʃ.i.eɪt/
He said that American military power should never again be vitiated by political concerns.
-----
hidebound - ograniczony, zacofany [having fixed opinions and ways of doing things and not willing to change or be influenced, especially by new or modern ideas]
/ˈhaɪd.baʊnd/
She wanted a life that was less hidebound by rules and conventions.
-----
to sleepwalk - lunatykować [to get out of bed and walk around while you are sleeping]
/ˈsliːpˌwɑːk/
I sleepwalked when I was a child.
-----
pensive - zadumany, zamyślony [thinking deeply about something, especially because you are sad or worried]
/ˈpen.sɪv/
She became withdrawn and pensive, hardly speaking to anyone.
-----
clammy - lepki [sticky and slightly wet in an unpleasant way]
/ˈklæm.i/
My hands felt all clammy.
-----
expressly - wyraźnie [formal; in a way that is clear]
/ɪkˈspres.li/
I expressly told you to be home by midnight.
-----
to wag - machać, merdać [(especially of a tail or finger) to move from side to side or up and down, especially quickly and repeatedly, or to cause this to happen]
/wæɡ/
The little dog's tail wagged in delight.
-----
moat - fosa [a long, wide hole that is dug all the way around a place such as a castle and usually filled with water, to make it more difficult to attack]
/moʊt/
The seven-metre-high wall that enclosed the dockyards was surrounded by a deep and wide moat.
-----
suitor - zalotnik, pretendent [literary or old-fashioned; a man who wants to marry a particular woman]
/ˈsuː.t̬ɚ/
It's the story of a young woman who can't make up her mind which of her many suitors she should marry.
-----
heirloom - scheda, dziedzictwo [a valuable object that has been given by older members of a family to younger members of the same family over many years]
/ˈer.luːm/
This ring is a family heirloom.
#####
bonus - idiom
cover your tracks
If you cover your tracks, you conceal or destroy evidence of what you have been doing or where you have been.
Charlie was sorry he hadn't covered his tracks better when his wife discovered he had been unfaithful.

FAQ

Zapraszam do wytykania błędów, literówek, złych tłumaczeń, usterek, głupiego awatara itp.
Pobierz GlenPL - Tag do subskrybowania: #glenen

Talia fiszek anki plik

to viti...
źródło: comment_1620619267NF1e38zQKVOUDcdn5EJ4N6.jpg