Wpis z mikrobloga

Z wewnetrznego intranetu w #pracbaza oferta #praca z nieszczegolnie wymagajacymi umiejetnosciami/kwalifikacjami, a wydajaca sie bardzo ciekawa. Angielski oczywiscie musi byc prima sort ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Dla zainteresowanych z tagow #inzynieria #emigracja #uk #cern #nauka przeklejam:

Brief Description

Salary: £38,318 - £48,877 per annum (pro rata if part time)
Grade: E/F (depending on skills and experience)
Contract Type: Open-Ended
Hours: Full Time (Part Time/Job Share considered)
Closing Date: 22nd July 2019
Interview Date: 1st August 2019

About us

The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is a place where curiosity-driven, blue-skies thinking meets practical, application-led science and technology. One of Europe’s largest research organisations, we are trusted to support, enable and undertake cutting edge projects in an amazing diversity of fields.

STFC is one of nine partner organisations that have been brought together to create UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) a new organisation with a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.

STFC supports university-based research, innovation and skills development in astronomy, particle physics, nuclear physics and space science. We fund a variety of large science facilities across the UK and internationally, from laboratories and supercomputers to particle accelerators, telescopes and satellites. We are a huge supporter of scientific and technological innovation in UK industry.

The Programmes Directorate, commissions and oversees the delivery of the STFC science programme in universities and its own laboratories. Its role is to support the UK’s world class research programme in astronomy, particle physics, particle astrophysics and nuclear physics as well as STFC's programmes in education, innovation, training and public outreach. For both established and new national and international projects, we are the trusted point of contact for many different stakeholders. Our dedicated teams ensure that, in an increasingly challenging financial environment, our funds are allocated to maximise the output and impact from our science programmes.

About the role

A vacancy has arisen for a CERN Liaison Officer in the Particle Physics group within STFC Programmes Directorate to develop and support the activities relating to the UK’s contribution to the international particle physics laboratory, CERN. This role will have a focus on the return and benefits coming from all aspects of the UK’s membership including industry, skills and knowledge exchange with an aim of enhancing and improving the UK return in each of these areas.

As part of the Particle Physics team you will be responsible for coordinating the wide range of interesting activities associated with the UK’s engagement in the governance of this international project. You will have experience of researching and analysing background information to develop strategic plans and this new post will give you further opportunity to take forward new ideas to develop and implement a strategic plan to enable us to reach ambitious targets in these areas.

About you

You will enjoy speaking and engaging with people at all levels of the organisations that we work with in the UK and at CERN to understand the many aspects of our involvement with CERN needed to achieve these goals.

In addition you will combine this with support for other particle physics projects and representational roles that help the smooth running of the Programmes Directorate. The post will involve some travel and occasional overnight stays in both the UK and Geneva.

You will be enthusiastic about and be able to communicate effectively.

In summary, you will also have:

a proven ability to interpret complex information and write clearly and concisely
enjoy being part of a team willing to initiate activities that result in smooth delivery of the team’s work as well as developing activities that improve ways of working
have the qualities to interact effectively at all levels of the organisation, with the particle physics community and international partners.

Shortlisting and Interview Criteria

Criteria will either be assessed at shortlisting (S) interview (I) or at both stages (S&I).

Essential:

educated to A Level or equivalent (S)
excellent interpersonal skills, including written and oral communications (S&I)
ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels internally to STFC and externally within CERN and the wider scientific community (S&I)
a proactive team member with ability to plan and prioritise (S&I)
good research and analytical skills (S&I)
strategic thinker with ability to develop and implement plans (S&I)
willingness and ability to travel in the UK and internationally (S&I)
enthusiasm for STFC’s science areas (S&I).
Desirable:

educated to degree level or equivalent (S)
experience of working in an international environment (S&I).
@adriano30: wyglada na standardowa robote w STFC, ale nie wydaje mi sie ze dostanie ja jakis koordynator po A-Level'sach:)
http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc250077_9581.aspx
Ciekawe jest jak male sa widelki na E&E engineera (co prawda po opisie to glownie fault finding) od magnesow:)
http://www.topcareer.jobs/Vacancy/irc249817_9524.aspx
25k£ rocznie, kwota zdaniem niektorych nawet nie sklania do wyjscia z lozka rano a tu tyle placi szacowna rzadowa organizacja badawcza w UK inzynierowi:) (inna sprawa ze maja chyba w STFC
@kaktusak: to mnie wlasnie dziwi, ze do takiej roboty wezma kogos po A-levels? Najwidoczniej maja problem ze znalezieniem kogokolwiek na stanowisko.

masz widelki 25-36, wiec wszystko zalezy od doswiadczenia na E&E. Zeby dostac 25 to musialbys byc prosto z uczelni bez zadnej wiedzy :) a co do pakietu socjalnego to potwierdzam, jest bardzo fajny :)