Wpis z mikrobloga

Selectors Podcast 016 - Marcel Dettmann
#mirkoelektronika

Trochę inna muzyka niż gra Dettmann co weekend - sporo elektronicznych i podobnych klimatów z #80s

After starting the mini Dekmantel Selectors podcast series last year, we couldn’t resist continuing it with artists from this year's line-up. In the next couple of months, we will release 5 podcasts by some of our favourite artists. This year’s podcast theme is all about 'another side of me', wherein the artists show another side of theirselves.

Last but not least in this year’s Selectors podcast series is longtime Berghain resident Marcel Dettmann, who has brought his penchant for dark, stripped-down and raw techno to many Dekmantel events over the years. With a steady, masterful touch behind the decks, Dettmannn never fails to whip us and the dancefloor into a frenzy, which is exactly why we keep tapping his talents again and again. Though, this year

Dettmann takes another road at dives deep in his pre-techno period with the brand new Selectors compilation(including tracks from Cabaret Voltaire, Martin Dupont, Twice A Man and Fad Gadget)an opening set at Dekmantel Festival and a performance at Dekmantel Selectors in Croatia.

Just as with his Selectors compilation, Dettmann shows another side of himself with this mix. “My Selectors compilation is a labor of love: a collection of songs that have not only long been out of print or never released on wax, but which also served as my artistic foundation – as well as for Techno at large. The Selectors podcast on the other hand has a similar vibe but an entirely different intent. I think of it as an addition to the compilation, with music not included on the actual release. But more than that, it flows like an updated mixtape or a collection of music that I'd record for people I’m close to. The podcast is continuous listening, a fitting soundtrack for a night drive or for work. Importantly, it's music that influenced me when I was a teenager – and beyond. In other words, it's a personal affair.”